How many of us truly look after ourselves? Not many I am sure.
Be it stress from everyday life, not eating properly and even not exercising enough. We are all exposing our bodies to bad habits everyday. What if I said there is a great app you can use anywhere anytime of the day?
Thrive have adapted a great meditation app that you just download on your phone and login to. As I am always on the go with my business and also being a single mum to a toddler i need some me time. This was a great reason to try this and see how it would help me.
Once logged in you are met with calm island and the background music is there to help you relax and drift off into the calmer inner self. The avatar which reminds me of something out of the children’s programme Bing haha, guides you through the exercises. First thing you will be asked is to swipe the screen to where on a happiness scale you are at. Then the app recommends what exercises it thinks you need to be doing to be higher on the happiness scale.
WHAT DOES IT HAVE ON THERE?
- deep breathing (great for relaxing your body and getting into the zone)
- deep muscle relaxation ( great after a hard and stressful day and when you feel bit tensed)
- self-hypnosis (great to help for those suffering with anxiety attacks)
- meditation (great for the end of the day and offers a way to calm and de-stress)
IS THERE SET TIMES TO USE?
No there is not you can choose between 5 different time scales depending on time you have to do them. You get to choose between 3, 5, 7, 10 or 15 minute intervals for each exercise. This app is all about you and helping you to feel more relaxed.
DID IT HELP ME?
Want the truth? course you do. Yes it did not only have i got into a healthier lifestyle overall but I have made my life more relaxed and enriched. Your probably thinking how can it really do that? Well here is a sum up of my life just 2 weeks ago and one of it now. You will see the shocking difference just 30 minutes of using this app everyday has done for me.
2 weeks ago lifestyle:
- 2 energy drinks everyday
- ate cakes, chocolate and lots of junk food on daily basis
- Ate a lot of convenient foods that are quick and processed. Chuck in oven tea and sit down
- a glass of wine most nights whilst watching tv.
- exercise consisted of walking son to school and back 2x a day and maybe a walk to shops each week. Park at weekend
My lifestyle now:
- 2 energy drinks a week (yes a week not a day)
- no cakes or junk food at all
- all meals are freshly prepared and cooked 2x a day now
- no wine at all
- 30 minutes of intense exercise everyday. (kickboxing and general fitness in my garden)
- meditate 30 minutes a day everyday
As you can see this app has drastically changed my way of life along with a review for another company too. Yet my eating and lifestyle habits have changed due to feeling better more relaxed and energetic everyday. If you are looking to change your life for the better I do highly recommend giving this a try. Link below to look at it further.
WHAT DO YOU DO TO RELAX AT NIGHT?