Alder Hey as we all know is a specialist children’s hospital. They are a hospital breaking societies norm and helping children to get better with more child friendly medicines and therapies.
We are in a society where every medicine is meant for specific illnesses yet not differential between adult and child. Why should this be?
Well Alder Hey are looking at needing a staggering amount of money every year to keep this going. Since October 2013 they raised a great £22 million but as we all know it soon runs out. I am not here on a mission to tell you to donate. I am here helping a great cause get out there and show people what they are doing. Yes every donation be it regular or one-off is vital to keep the plans of a patient-friendly hospital going.
WHY DO THEY NEED IT OVER OTHERS?
I am not saying here they do, but they want to offer things that will help make them give the best to patients and families alike.
- They want to make X-rays in 3D allowing them to be more precise and doing surgery better and quicker due to the detailing it provides.
- Alder Hey want to help train staff so they can learn all the best cutting edge developments in techniques and all the latest skills to provide the best.
- They want to make meal times personal. They want children to be able to choose healthy yet nutritious foods from a menu that is made on each ward by a personal chef. This is then taken to their beds fresh and not already bought in.
- They want to provide an environment that is relaxing to be in. To do this they want to offer the best technology that helps distract patients during procedures. They want a one of a kind distraction for children in day-case. a digital undersea tank where children and families can design a fish using interactive technology. This will be the first one in Europe too.
- Lastly they are developing an app so children and families can get access to a virtual tour of the wards they will be visiting. Also being able to see staff faces before the visit. This in turn helps alleviate the daunting experience of a strange environment and not knowing familiar faces.
SO HOW CAN I HELP?
Well i have provided a link below where if you are able to donate will be much appreciated. With a staggering 275,000 patients and their families to look after every year they are out to help all. Want to know more click the link below and you will get all the information you will want to know.